Local Governments and Democracy
Preferred Thesis Supervision Areas or Topics:
Ongoing Research Projects:
• Alternative Food Initiatives in Turkey. Project carried out with Nazli Konya.
• Democratic Innovations at the Local Government Level. Project carried out with Gul Sosay.
• Citizenship Acquisition Process in Turkey. Project carried out with Dilek Cinar.
• External Voting: Political Behavior of citizens of Turkey in Europe, project partners: Ahmet Icduygu (Koc Univ), Ayhan Kaya (Bilgi University), Murat Erdogan (Hacettepe University). Project team at Bogazici University: Nermin Abadan Unat, Selcan Kaynak, Dilek Cinar, Volkan Cidam, Bahar Ozay, Onur Emre Senol, Didem Seyis, Alisait Yilkin.
Work in Progress:
• Participation in Local Politics: Municipal Decision-Making in Turkey (with Bilgesu Sumer)
• Decentralization and Democratization: the case of Water User Associations in Turkey.
• Waterproof Development? Democracy and Transnational Networks’ Impact on Dam Building in India and Turkey
• Alternative Food Initiatives: Palliative or Transformative in Addressing Environmental and Social Injustices? (with Nazli Konya)